Senior Account Executive
- New York, NY
- Job ID #10096
A data-driven digital services partner to brands and agencies, known for its unique capabilities in building real-time, in-market audiences, coupled with flexible advice, hands-on support, and independently managed digital media execution is seeking a Senior Account Executive to manage new business sales activities for brands and agencies in New York, New Jersey, Boston, and neighboring areas with key responsibilities.
- Identify and acquire sales opportunities in line with the US ad sales strategy
- Match our behavioral intelligence products to qualified client needs and requirements
- Maximize revenue growth with key media agencies (a focus on independent agencies), and brands, ensuring specific and regular market coverage
- Prospect, evaluate, and identify important business opportunities
- Engage with decision makers at all operational levels
- Sales presentations to large groups with varying degrees of seniority
- Develop winning strategies & proposals, adjusting sales tactics depending on needs
- Prepare and execute high-impact meetings with prospects and clients
- Work closely with the NY-HQ team, Trading and Client Services to provide superior customer service, and grow repeat business; work in collaboration with the rest of the company
- Demonstrated competencies in securing new digital media sales, have an understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem
- Have high-level network of contacts within New York, New Jersey, and /or Boston, with regional media agencies and brands; Media planner/buyer contacts at Agencies & Brands in New York, New Jersey, Boston and neighboring areas
- A plus is a focus on independent agencies & DR accounts
- Demonstrated a high level of expertise in identifying, progressing, and closing key client opportunities.
- Organized, self-sufficient, and comfortable operating on your own steam, experienced at pipeline management both in tools and process and confident in presentation tools and techniques.
- Broad understanding of technologies such as DMP’s, DSP’s, Data (in its various forms), trading desks, ad exchanges, and performance-based audience targeting
- Comprehensive understanding of data-driven advertising, programmatic ad targeting & campaign optimization across devices & ad formats
- Demonstrated capability to deliver revenue over and above targets
- Strong understanding of industry trends, technologies & pricing models
- Clear understanding of agency dynamics, campaign planning & buying cycles; knowledgeable of ad campaign, technology, metrics & analysis
- Confident in both, written and verbal communication – proven presentation ability, with solution-oriented sales mindset
- Ability to execute both quick turnaround & consultative sales opportunities
- Self-discipline, time management, self-motivation & resilience
Required Notification: Certain states require that job postings indicate a minimum and maximum base salary in an effort to not discriminate – a very worthwhile purpose that Media Recruiting Group supports. MRG’s practices are and have always been non-discriminatory, and jobs are open to all candidates with respect to race, color, religion, national origin, military status, sexual orientation, sex/gender, age, national origin, disability, etc. That said, companies require that we supply them with candidates with very specific experience, and the commensurate compensation for every job varies. It is a function of a person’s years of experience, type of experience, skills, knowledge of certain computer programs, etc. And every job may have a unique requirement. And every job could come in higher or lower than the range we are given. We do not control the upper and lower ranges for our clients, so we make a best efforts attempt to include information requested by said states. In the case of sales people, most time it is also a function of their contacts. If the job is an analyst, analytical skills and experience matter. Etc. This makes stating a reasonable minimum and maximum challenging absent all of this information about a given candidate. Companies also have other elements of compensation, including but not limited to, commission, bonus, equity, profit sharing, varying levels of healthcare coverage and how much a person would have to contribute to the premium, various perks like continuing education, commuter reimbursement, phone reimbursement, etc. – not included in “salary” as the law states. Thus, know that anything we note in a salary range does NOT include such other compensation elements. And, as recruiters, we don’t know what all of those elements are, as we are recruiting for a company, not for ourselves, and they do not brief us as to each benefit. We are a 3rd party and can only estimate to the best of our knowledge, and thus offer the minimum and maximum salary MRG in good faith believes at the time of the posting the client is willing to pay for the advertised job.
Qualified by all of the above, for this job with requisite/required years of the required experience and skills, the minimum and maximum salary is approximated at $120k and $150k respectfully, exclusive of commission, bonus, equity, profit sharing, any element of healthcare coverage, any reference to how much a person would have to contribute to the premium of a healthcare plan, any perks, or other forms of compensation. Fewer years of experience could bring the base salary lower, and more experience could bring the base salary higher, if the company is willing to increase their salary bands.