- Chicago, IL
- Job ID #10113
A leading Digital Out-Of-Home (OOH) Media Company, reaching millions of consumers with blue-chip clients, is seeking a Sales Manager for their Chicago office. The company can integrate data, insights, and digital into large-scale, sought-after locations. As leaders in audience targeting, the company’s extensive addressable media, spread across thousands of high-dwell time locations, ensures high-impact solutions to engage the right consumer at the right time.
As a Sales Manager, you will be a “player/coach” – generating leads and following up on them diligently through calls, e-mails, and in-person meetings to turn qualified leads into lucrative sales opportunities. You will also be managing a small team, and building out a new territory for the company.
You will be selling hyper-targeted audience solutions and will be responsible for selling out-of-home and digital out-of-home to accounts in your territory. You will use your cold-calling, networking, prospecting, and closing skills to identify, develop and manage new accounts or brands that will complement our existing client roster and help you reach your personal revenue targets, and support 1 – 2 sellers to achieve their results. This role will require sales hunting, pitching, client follow-up, closing, and managing. If you are passionate about media sales, and looking for new challenges in a creative environment which will allow you to leverage integrated media expertise then this role is for you!
- Vibrant team-work environment
- A healthy work-life balance, including a ½ day off each week
- Full benefits, 401K, and tax saving through FSA; generous paid time off with December break
- Virtual and offsite social activities
- Employee Referral bonuses
- Prospect business leads that will benefit from a progressive suite of OOH products, by utilizing cold calling techniques, updating CRM, and providing value-added leads
- Manage 1 – 2 sellers
- Actively hunting and following up on client leads, generating sales through innovative thinking and initiative
- Utilize client and agency relationships to take a consultative approach as a strategic business partner
- Lead sales discussions and deliver pitches to potential clients
- Initiate and build long-term revenue partnerships with key clients, planners, buyers, and any other relevant decision-makers to generate business opportunities in your territory
- Deliver on and surpass monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets by developing, presenting, and converting a client list consisting of media/advertising agencies and multinational clients/brands
- A true “hunter” with experience in media sales – Digital Out-of-Home, Out-of-Home, Digital Media, Broadcast, Print, Local, etc.
- Demonstrated success in building strong client relationships with contacts at top-tier agencies, advertisers, and brands directly
- Superior customer service skills and a track record of closing new business to meet revenue targets within assigned territory
- Either experience managing sellers, or a strong desire coupled with the ability to manage sellers
- Entrepreneurial nature, excited to build out new territories for an already successful and growing business
- Strong understanding of the digital advertising landscape
- Flexible, adaptable, and nimble attitude to excel in a fast-changing and growing sales environment
- Persistent, motivated, self-starter driven by incentives and results
- Exceptional organizational skills coupled with excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Professional, outgoing, enthusiastic, and a real team player that is ready to champion the company’s brand
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and experience with Salesforce or a similar CRM and the ability to drive results through excellent presentation skills and resources
- A bachelor’s degree
Required Notification: Certain states require that job postings indicate a minimum and maximum base salary in an effort to not discriminate – a very worthwhile purpose that Media Recruiting Group supports. MRG’s practices are and have always been non-discriminatory, and jobs are open to all candidates with respect to race, color, religion, national origin, military status, sexual orientation, sex/gender, age, national origin, disability, etc. That said, companies require that we supply them with candidates with very specific experience, and the commensurate compensation for every job varies. It is a function of a person’s years of experience, type of experience, skills, knowledge of certain computer programs, etc. And every job may have a unique requirement. And every job could come in higher or lower than the range we are given. We do not control the upper and lower ranges for our clients, so we make a best efforts attempt to include the information requested by said states. In the case of salespeople, most time it is also a function of their contacts. If the job is an analyst, analytical skills and experience matter. Etc. This makes stating a reasonable minimum and maximum challenging absent all of this information about a given candidate. Companies also have other elements of compensation, including but not limited to, commission, bonus, equity, profit sharing, varying levels of healthcare coverage and how much a person would have to contribute to the premium, various perks like continuing education, commuter reimbursement, phone reimbursement, etc. – not included in “salary” as the law states. Thus, know that anything we note in a salary range does NOT include such other compensation elements. And, as recruiters, we don’t know what all of those elements are, as we are recruiting for a company, not for ourselves, and they do not brief us as to each benefit. We are a 3rd party and can only estimate to the best of our knowledge, and thus offer the minimum and maximum salary MRG in good faith believes at the time of the posting the client is willing to pay for the advertised job.
Qualified by all of the above, for this job with requisite/required years of the required experience and skills, the minimum and maximum salary is approximated at $129k and $130k respectfully, exclusive of commission, bonus, equity, profit sharing, any element of healthcare coverage, any reference to how much a person would have to contribute to the premium of a healthcare plan, any perks, or other forms of compensation. Fewer years of experience could bring the base salary lower, and more experience could bring the base salary higher, if the company is willing to increase their salary bands.