Sales Account Executive
- New York, NY
- Job ID #10128
A highly-successful and established, multiplatform Media company focused on customized and targeted advertising, is seeking a Sales Account Executive for their New York office. The company offers research, strategy, implementation, and analysis in association with its print and digital products and services, helping advertisers effectively reach audiences in select markets.
The company is looking for an experienced and proven successful “hunter” Sales Account Executive who thrives on collaboration, valuable ideas, and solutions, utilizes a strong work ethic, and enjoys high rewards for high performance to be a part of the sales team.
Identify, grow, and maintain a territory of clients through face-to-face meetings, prospecting, events, branding, presentations, and penetrating organizations on the highest level. Work with clients/advertising agencies and internal teams to develop integrated advertising and marketing programs to hone in on the client’s needs and objectives by hitting their KPI goals.
- Develop and maintain your sales territory by building brand equity, business development and advertising sales throughout the assigned territory.
- Generate a strong understanding of the company’s products and media solutions
- Cultivate and develop high-level client relationships on the client and agency sides and leverage a strong consultative approach for selling targeted marketing solutions
- Identify revenue opportunities with existing clients/advertising agencies to grow existing relationships
- Provide ongoing client management to partners including regular reviews of marketing plans performance educational events and client entertainment
- Provide regular updates to management on pipeline of business, percent to goal, territory updates and opportunities along with region challenges
- Perform client needs analysis to determine marketing pain points and develop strategies to address those needs
- Exceed annual revenue goals
- Media sales experience; digital sales experience a huge plus
- Background in advertising and media/planning/buying
- Proven track record of developing and growing a client base and agency relationships. This includes; prospecting, lead generation, and deep relationship development throughout an organization.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
- Ability to develop, present and sell through high level media strategy and marketing plans to C-Level clients/ advertising agency teams
- Driven to succeed; tis is an entrepreneurial role, so must have the passion to be successful
- Time management, business acumen and a strong work ethic are a must
- Track record of exceeding revenue goals and overachievement
- Knowledge of strengths and weaknesses of competitive media preferred
- Strong sales skills; ability to create effective sales promotions; adaptable and effective negotiating skills
- Solid computer skills using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Salesforce; knowledge of Nielsen, ComScore and Scarborough a plus
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a team-oriented, competitive, fast-paced environment
- Good customer service skills and professional demeanor
- Self-starter who can work independently and adapt quickly to different selling situations
- Must be able to influence media strategy
- Creative, compelling and persuasive communication style
Required Notification: Certain states require that job postings indicate a minimum and maximum base salary in an effort to not discriminate – a very worthwhile purpose that Media Recruiting Group supports. MRG’s practices are and have always been non-discriminatory, and jobs are open to all candidates with respect to race, color, religion, national origin, military status, sexual orientation, sex/gender, age, national origin, disability, etc. That said, companies require that we supply them with candidates with very specific experience, and the commensurate compensation for every job varies. It is a function of a person’s years of experience, type of experience, skills, knowledge of certain computer programs, etc. And every job may have a unique requirement. And every job could come in higher or lower than the range we are given. We do not control the upper and lower ranges for our clients, so we make a best efforts attempt to include information requested by said states. In the case of sales people, most time it is also a function of their contacts. If the job is an analyst, analytical skills and experience matter. Etc. This makes stating a reasonable minimum and maximum challenging absent all of this information about a given candidate. Companies also have other elements of compensation, including but not limited to, commission, bonus, equity, profit sharing, varying levels of healthcare coverage and how much a person would have to contribute to the premium, various perks like continuing education, commuter reimbursement, phone reimbursement, etc. – not included in “salary” as the law states. Thus, know that anything we note in a salary range does NOT include such other compensation elements. And, as recruiters, we don’t know what all of those elements are, as we are recruiting for a company, not for ourselves, and they do not brief us as to each benefit. We are a 3rd party and can only estimate to the best of our knowledge, and thus offer the minimum and maximum salary MRG in good faith believes at the time of the posting the client is willing to pay for the advertised job.
Qualified by all of the above, for this job with requisite/required years of the required experience and skills, the minimum and maximum salary is approximated at $80k and $100k respectfully, exclusive of commission, bonus, equity, profit sharing, any element of healthcare coverage, any reference to how much a person would have to contribute to the premium of a healthcare plan, any perks, or other forms of compensation. Fewer years of experience could bring the base salary lower, and more experience could bring the base salary higher, if the company is willing to increase their salary bands.