- * Location Flexible, Chicago, IL, D.C., Houston, TX, New Jersey, New York, NY
- Job ID #10123
A fast-growing Mobile marketing platform with offices across Europe, North America, and APAC is seeking a Sales Director to join its growing team.
We are seeking a Sales Director to cover the East Coast, US territory. This is a newly opened role in response to the company’s rapid growth in North America (including +50% growth in new partners and several campaigns in the full-year 2022). The ideal candidate is passionate about advertising technology, digital and mobile media, is highly organized and detail-oriented, and wants to contribute to the growth of our US operation. The ideal candidate has prior sales experience at a tech company and/or publisher, and experience working with media agencies and/or client-side.
Our offering includes:
- Best-in-class, high-performing mobile creative development
- Bespoke, brand-safe media activation (managed & programmatic options)
- Transparent, in-depth campaign analytics
- Brand research-purchase intent, brand recall, brand awareness, creative effectiveness
- Work closely with management team to build out target account list and revenue pipeline using industry knowledge and relationships
- Prospect and acquire new accounts across a select set of assigned agencies within the East Coast Territory, while maintaining and growing current business within assigned agencies.
- Become an expert on all things regarding the company, including capabilities, new product pipeline, and competitive set.
- Manage accounts throughout sales cycle from pre-sale to post-sale, working in tandem with a campaign manager for post-sale management
- In charge of all day-to-day admin on assigned accounts, including emails, scheduling of meetings, organizing any needs for meetings, booking travel, etc.
- Media Planning, Marketing, Creative, Analytics
- Work closely with the client services team to ensure:
- That all RFP decks meet client needs
- That all media plans, site lists, and creative executions proposed meet client needs, expectations, and timelines required
- That all important notes from wrap reports are communicated to the agency and client
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Relevant work experience in sales, media, and/or advertising
- Healthy network of contacts at both clients/agencies within East Coast, US
- Luxury and/or Auto experience a plus
- Programmatic experience a plus
- Strong interest in mobile advertising and familiarity of the landscape, and larger digital media ecosystem
- Possesses exceptional written, verbal, and visual presentation communication skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset – takes ownership of market and clearly communicates resources needed for success – inclusive of new products, materials, introductions, etc.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced start up
- Skilled at working collaboratively across varying departments (Sales, Creative, Data & Analytics, Ad Ops, Planning, Brand Marketing, etc.).
- Team player with a strong work ethic
Required Notification: Certain states require that job postings indicate a minimum and maximum base salary in an effort to not discriminate – a very worthwhile purpose that Media Recruiting Group supports. MRG’s practices are and have always been non-discriminatory, and jobs are open to all candidates with respect to race, color, religion, national origin, military status, sexual orientation, sex/gender, age, national origin, disability, etc. That said, companies require that we supply them with candidates with very specific experience, and the commensurate compensation for every job varies. It is a function of a person’s years of experience, type of experience, skills, knowledge of certain computer programs, etc. And every job may have a unique requirement. And every job could come in higher or lower than the range we are given. We do not control the upper and lower ranges for our clients, so we make a best efforts attempt to include information requested by said states. In the case of sales people, most time it is also a function of their contacts. If the job is an analyst, analytical skills and experience matter. Etc. This makes stating a reasonable minimum and maximum challenging absent all of this information about a given candidate. Companies also have other elements of compensation, including but not limited to, commission, bonus, equity, profit sharing, varying levels of healthcare coverage and how much a person would have to contribute to the premium, various perks like continuing education, commuter reimbursement, phone reimbursement, etc. – not included in “salary” as the law states. Thus, know that anything we note in a salary range does NOT include such other compensation elements. And, as recruiters, we don’t know what all of those elements are, as we are recruiting for a company, not for ourselves, and they do not brief us as to each benefit. We are a 3rd party and can only estimate to the best of our knowledge, and thus offer the minimum and maximum salary MRG in good faith believes at the time of the posting the client is willing to pay for the advertised job.
Qualified by all of the above, for this job with requisite/required years of the required experience and skills, the minimum and maximum salary is approximated at $135k and $150k respectfully, exclusive of commission, bonus, equity, profit sharing, any element of healthcare coverage, any reference to how much a person would have to contribute to the premium of a healthcare plan, any perks, or other forms of compensation. Fewer years of experience could bring the base salary lower, and more experience could bring the base salary higher, if the company is willing to increase their salary bands.